Friday, December 26, 2008

Wonderful Christmas





















Merry Christmas everyone!




We had a wonderful time celebrating Jesus' birthday. My sister Molly and her boyfriend, Sean, came in from Atlanta and stayed with us for a couple of days and we were able to spend the entire holiday right here at home - Dothan. I'm so glad to call Dothan my home. It feels so good to offer Mary Ellen the tradition of waking up in her own home Christmas morning and making a big breakfast without the need to race out the door to go here and go there. I just really appreciate how relaxing everything was this year. I know some years we may travel, but it IS SO NICE to be right here, with our tree and our beds and in our PJS with funky bed hair. What a treat!

Mary Ellen woke up at her usual time and her face just beamed when she saw her presents stacked up in her new Radio Flyer wagon underneath the tree. The wagon is definitely one of her favorites. That was a gift sent by Mommom via Santa. Mary Ellen also loves her piggy bank and coins she received from her Aunt Bronwyn. Of course she loves it all, but it is funny to see what she wants to play with the most, at least for the time being. I love the gifts she received, and the amount was practical. Brannon and I decided to stick with three gifts because that is what Jesus received, and the rest of the family gave practical and much needed gifts. It was wonderful and a Blessing. One of my favorites is a Bama rocking chair Mary Ellen got from Grandmother and Grandaddy. She likes to sit in it and eat her snack. It's so cute!

Brannon and I finished out the holiday watching The Nativity Story. What an awesome movie! That was one of my gifts this year and I love it!!!! Please rent it if you have not seen it. It really helped me imagine and feel what Mary and Joseph had to endure together, and how strong their bond had to be to go through such a wonderous, miraculous event. They were so brave and obedient.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I posted a few pics of Mary Ellen in her wagon and chair.
Much Love!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Cute pictures! I love the 3 gift idea. I have read more a/b people doing that this year and I think it's awesome. And I feel like it's something Jeremy and I will adopt one day!
"The Nativity Story" is good. We watched it last year.

Judy Strausbaugh said...

Praise the Lord for peaceful Christmases! And good for you, Daughter, for claiming the day for your family. I am looking forward to spending the holiday with you all next year. It'll be here before we know it, if Jesus doesn't come back first ... then, who cares?

Three gifts is a great idea, too... takes the pressure off spending and leaves the focus on Christ.

It felt great not spending a lot this Christmas. Well, Max & I spent a lot ... he got me diamonds and pearls; and perfume; and a trip to Nashville ... those are three things. I got him an engraved gold wedding band, a roll-top desk, two ties and a shirt. Three things.

Like I said, good idea.

Love you lots,
Mom

Reflections...

Reflections...
I wonder what they are deep in thought about!

Sweet Baby

Sweet Baby
Mary Ellen wore this dress for Baby Dedication. She also wore this the day she came home from the hospital.