Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Friends and a Little Game of Clue

We are blessed enough to have good friends. My bestest bud ever and her hubby drove from South Carolina to visit us this past weekend and it was such a great visit. It's not often we get to see each other, but we always seem to pick up right where we left off. No matter how long Liz and I (probably too long) go without talking to each other, the minute we get a chance to catch up it's like no time has passed at all. I miss being close to my best friend. Good girlfriends are hard to come by - and I'm talking about the ones you can call late at night because you can't sleep, or the ones you can say something really gossipy to and they won't think less of you (probably because they gossip back, tisk tisk).

Liz and I did a lot of growing up together. We were roomies in Florida when we were both struggling journalist eating really bad food and staying up way too late. In fact, we often ate really bad food way too late - can we say Steak N' Shake fries at 3 in the mornin'. I'm not going to say why we were up at 3 in the morning, but you can guess.

During her visit, Liz brought some pictures in a friendship album she made. I had really, really, really long, big, curly blond hair and Liz had really, really, really blond hair. Most of the pictures of me were really scary and I threatened my friend with her life not to show anyone her friendship album. In fact, if asked, she is to tell people she never had any friends to make an album, especially not one named Ann-Maire. All joking aside, it was really funny, but very sweet.

Our weekend was spent catching, reminiscing, eating lots and lots of carbs and playing a game of Clue on DVD. Now, you would think this would be easy to play because it's a classic game that almost everyone knows. Well, it took us nearly two hours to get through one round! First off, we didn't know that you have to wait for the DVD to tell you what to do, so we had to turn in all of our cards and deal them out again, as well as our characters because the DVD tells you who you can role play as. We were also following the instructions incorrectly and this caused me to miss a turn - a lot of times. Needless to say I didn't win. Those of you who know me well know that this bugs me. I just HAVE to win. Don't ever go running with me - I'll nearly kill myself just making sure I beat you!

Brannon won't run with me - no joke! He says I'm too "crazy" on the trails.

Our friends also got to meet Mary Ellen finally and they just ate her up. They even said she was cuter than another baby in their family. Ha, my baby wins!!!!! Just kidding.....no I'm not. Mary Ellen's awesome!

Until next time, I cannot wait to make a trip to South Carolina to see our friends again. Thank you Lord for great friendships. Thank you for fellowship and laughter. Thank you for memories and goofy pictures of us with really big, poofy hair. Thank you for friendship albums and Clue DVD games. Thank you for your kindness and love and all the gifts you give us. Thank you for our loved ones!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I so cannot picture you with long, curly blonde hair! I would love to see those pics.
And we are still old school; we have the board game Clue.

Lizard said...

You are so sweet. I wanted to respond sooner. I finally figured out this whole blogging thing. haha
I cherish our friendship so much as miss you. I love all those times we spent together in Lakeland! I wish I could be closer to your guys and be more of an Auntie to Mary Ellen. I'm glad that your mom is only a couple of hours from here! Love you!

Reflections...

Reflections...
I wonder what they are deep in thought about!

Sweet Baby

Sweet Baby
Mary Ellen wore this dress for Baby Dedication. She also wore this the day she came home from the hospital.