Sunday, January 4, 2009

Noah's Ark







Here are the paintings I completed for the church nursery/preschool hall. I have a couple more to finish, but I think they turned out cute. I stuck with acrylic paints and stretched canvases. I love not having to frame! Plus, I love the look of a stretched canvas. You get to see the entire painting.




Because of this painting, I decided to reread Genesis 6, 7, 8, & 9 last night - the story of Noah and his account. This is what stuck out to me:

Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between you and me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life...So God said to Noah, "This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on earth." Genesis 9:14-17

This account tells of God's wrath - how he is so perfect that he cannot understand our wickedness - but it also tells of God's mercy and love - His covenant. We do not deserve this covenant. We deserve nothing. But He gives it anyway because he loves us. He gave His one and only son so that He would never again have to wipe out the earth with a flood to wash away our wickedness. Jesus did that for us.
So beautiful. Thank you Lord!



2 comments:

Denise said...

You are so talented and I am way impressed with you!

Judy Strausbaugh said...

These are soooo cute!
You are so gifted, Sweetie!
XOXO
Mom

Reflections...

Reflections...
I wonder what they are deep in thought about!

Sweet Baby

Sweet Baby
Mary Ellen wore this dress for Baby Dedication. She also wore this the day she came home from the hospital.