Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Weekend













We had a wonderful Easter weekend. My mom and sister were able to spend the weekend with us and it was so nice. I miss them something terrible at times.


Mary Ellen had a great time hunting Easter eggs at the church Saturday. She knew right what to do. Well, she had no choice. I am highly competitive and no child of mine was going to walk around eggless. My mother laughed and commented that I was probably the only mother who trained her 16-month-old on how to hunt for eggs. Ha! No joke, I had Mary Ellen practice with her Easter Basket and some cut-out bunnies and eggs!


Easter morning was sweet. We took baby powder and made bunny tracks from the front door leading all the way to her basket. We also laid out a trail of chocolates. When she awoke, she said "OOOOOOH" at the coins and started collecting them. She did not see the basket until she was smack dab right in front of it. It was precious!


Our Easter services at church were awesome. My sister, Molly, helped us in our cantata by singing. Of course I was proud. Molly's awesome. It was fun singing in a choir with her.


I hope all of you had a blessed Easter. May we never forget the wonder of the cross!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love that it looked like she was eating her basket!
And I totally laughed about "no child of mine was going to walk around eggless"! haha

Let's get together soon!

Denise said...

BUNNY TRACKS....SO CUTE!

Wiregrass Travel said...

Maybe if you guys have another child it will look just a little but like you. M.E. looks like she was cloned from Brannon.

Reflections...

Reflections...
I wonder what they are deep in thought about!

Sweet Baby

Sweet Baby
Mary Ellen wore this dress for Baby Dedication. She also wore this the day she came home from the hospital.