Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Friends

I have some of the best friends anyone can ask for. When living in Florida and trying to survive as a fledgling journalist, I met a group of girls who grew to be my closest friends, sisters in Christ and my shoulders to lean on. We all live in separate areas of the country now, so it is not often we get to visit with one another. Liz (Lizard) lives in South Carolina after moving there with her hubby just because the newlyweds thought it would be a cool place to live. How cool is that? Christie lives in West Palm Beach with her new hubby, and Adrienne lives in Lakeland, Florida. I was able to spend some time with my dearest friends (minus Adrienne) this past weekend when they came for a visit. Although it has been a very busy month with work, holidays, school, and church activities, I was able to enjoy my time with the girls and play catch up. Christie did not arrive until Sunday, so Liz, Mary Ellen and I hung out in the backyard and waded around in the baby pool. It was so much fun. Mary Ellen kept trying to drink the pool water and I got sunburned on my back! We then decided to eat ice cream sundaes for dinner (Mary Ellen, too) and just hang out. Brannon missed out on the ice cream dinner, so we decided to do it again on Sunday! Hey, you gotta live a little.

I have one more final exam to finish on Monday and this semester will be through!!!! This means I will have a three week break before classes pick back up for the summer. I really cannot wait to be through. I have one more year of grad classes and an internship and then I'm home free. I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Mary Ellen had her third photo shoot with Mark Broadway on Friday and I cannot wait to see the pictures. He is so talented and Jeannie, his wife, is so sweet and has a real knack for dealing with people. They are just people you want to be around. Even Mary Ellen thought Mark was silly. She rarely giggles at men, but she had herself a good time tearing up their studio yesterday. I hope it was okay that I let her tear it up. Ha! Hey, they said they wanted natural pictures, so there you go. Mary Ellen was just naturally being a curious toddler.

We have plans to go to Georgia this month to visit Mommom (my mom) and my grandparents who will also be visiting. This will be the first time my grandparents get to meet Mary Ellen. They live in Pennsylvania and it is difficult finding time, and money, to visit with everyone. I am very excited and cannot wait! (Please say prayers for the 5 hour drive with a 17-month-old, however).

I hope all is well with everyone! I still love you!

God Bless!

1 comment:

Denise said...

isn't girl time good? (and so necessary). I'm glad you got to spend time with them. Ice cream for dinner is my kind of meal

Reflections...

Reflections...
I wonder what they are deep in thought about!

Sweet Baby

Sweet Baby
Mary Ellen wore this dress for Baby Dedication. She also wore this the day she came home from the hospital.