Sunday, October 19, 2008

On My Heart

Break out your ear plus. I joined the church choir. Well, at least for Christmas. We'll see how that goes first! This is something I always wanted to do, but often felt too intimidated to do so. I have felt led lately to get involved more. Yes, I am busy with work and school and being a mom and a wife, but I need to get involved more in the right things. I'm tired of giving God the leftovers. And you know what, for a long time that's what I've been giving Him. I want Him and His people to get the goods. So Heritage Baptist, ya'll are gettin' my sometimes on-key singing voice! I was also asked to be a part of the decorating committee, and I feel honored. I'm not sure if you want me decorating anything, but I'll show up nonetheless.

I also am making a commitment to share the Gospel. Not share it more. To simply share it. As Brother Van shared today during service, that's all it's about folks. If we're not sharing the Gospel, something is wrong. And we're not talking about sharing it through "the way we live" (oh how I've said that so many times). He means truly, verbally sharing the love of Jesus Christ. You know what, I am scared. I think it's scary to share the gospel because I don't feel so mature in my faith like I see in others. I'm scared because I don't want to be rejected. I'm scared because it is usually socially awkward to share the Word, isn't it? Why is that? I know this, though. God calls us to witness - socially awkward or not. He calls us to verbally witness, not just by living as a good example. Should we live as good examples. Yes! Absolutely. But that is not it. That is not enough. I was so led today by Brother Van's message. These are souls we are talking about. I can think of so many times that I could have shared the story of Jesus, but didn't. I want to change that. I am still completely afraid, but I want to do that.

Will you do that with me?

"It is not for you to know the times and dates the Father has set by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnessess in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the Earth." Acts 1:7-8

I pray that God will give me - and all Christians - the courage and wisdom to share His word. I know he provides us with the opportunities to share it. I am so thankful that I had someone share it with me when I was in my twenties. I was so lost, but because someone cared enough about me, about my soul, I found the Lord. I feel so blessed and at peace to know that my sins were bought and paid for, that God loves me so much - so much - that He gave His one and only son so that I can be with Him forever. I don't deserve this love, but He gives it anyway. Hallelujah!

I encourage all of you to join me in promising to share the Gospel. I also encourage all of you
get involved, no matter where you attend church. I think it's a great way to meet new people and to fellowship. I'm so glad I finally did.

I wanted to share what was on my heart. I love all of you. Thank you for reading friends and family!

No comments:

Reflections...

Reflections...
I wonder what they are deep in thought about!

Sweet Baby

Sweet Baby
Mary Ellen wore this dress for Baby Dedication. She also wore this the day she came home from the hospital.