Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Mary Ellen!!!!!

Today we celebrated MEC's first birthday!!! She had the best time. Her birthday is actually on the 29th, but instead of competing with football and holidays, we made her birthday celebration just hers by having it a little early. In fact, we began celebrating her birthday on Friday by dressing MEC in her birthday t-shirt given to her by Miss Lila Hayes, a very good friend of ours and the best preschool/nursery coordinator-director-boss lady there is! Just visit us at Heritage Baptist Church one Sunday and you will see what I'm talking about. Thanks Lila!

Mary Ellen loved digging into her very own birthday cake. Miss Vernie made a cake just for her and decorated it pink and green to go with our theme. She is the best baker I know. In fact, she made our wedding cake and groom's cake and it was so good, there was none left. Thank goodness Miss Vernie sliced Brannon and I a piece of cake before it was all gone or we wouldn't of gotten any! Miss Vernie also made a cake in the shape of a number one for MEC's birthday. Thanks Vernie!

Below are pictures of MEC checking out her cake. She LOVED it! Birthday cake is yummy. MEC didn't even try to use her hands. She just bit into it. It was hilarious. Then she was using her hands and mouth and whatever possible to shove it in. That's my girl!

The other pictures of MEC's birthday hat and her looking out the window. So cute. The last two are of her helping her daddy put together one of her new toys. It's one of her favorites. It was a great day and I can say I was not in tears. I thought I would be really sad, but I was just so happy and thankful to be celebrating the life of our daughter. I never thought this day would come, and yet the Lord entrusted her to us.

Thank you God. Thank you, thank you, thank you!












1 comment:

Mols said...

Aww, my gorgeous niece!!!!!

Reflections...

Reflections...
I wonder what they are deep in thought about!

Sweet Baby

Sweet Baby
Mary Ellen wore this dress for Baby Dedication. She also wore this the day she came home from the hospital.