Friday, November 14, 2008

Merry Christmas, Already

So, I'm putting up our Christmas tree this weekend. I know, I know - it's not even Thanksgiving. Well, I am crazy and I simply don't care. I'm ready to put it up so that's what I'm gonna do. I managed to have our Christmas tree up mid-November last year thinking my nine-month pregnant belly was going to pop at any moment. Obviously, I had a perfectly good excuse to put up our tree early last year - not knowing when baby MEC was going to arrive. I remember yelling at Brannon for plugging in the lights because I was embarrassed that I had had my tree up so early. I didn't want anyone to see our glowing tree from outside.

"Then why even have it up," he yelled back.

He was right so I allowed him to plug in the lights every night thereafter. A lighted Christmas tree is Brannon's favorite. He would sleep out on the couch to those lights if I let him. He's just a big kid. This year I'm gonna let my tree shine all over the neighborhood. The only excuse I have is that MEC's Birthday party is next Sunday at our house. I'm decorating the house myself with some green and pink streamers and balloons. I thought it would be nice touch to have the tree up for her birthday party and one thing led to another and now we are having a pink and green Christmas tree this year.

"Pink?" asked Brannon.

Sorry love bug, pink it is. But won't that be soooooooooooooooooooooo cute fellow friends? I have green and pink netting and hot pink ornaments with pink and green ribbon. Tee-hee. I can't wait to decorate the tree this weekend. I'll take pictures of it and post it here. The only thing is we are not using a live tree. The tree will die before Christmas, so a fake tree it is.

Next year I vow to wait until Thanksgiving to set up our tree. In fact, I want a live tree next year so I'll have to wait until then.

Unless............

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Well, at least you aren't like the people I have seen with the outside decorations already. And I'm not talking about a subtle wreath. I mean the big blow up decorations.
And I so remember you talking a/b being embarassed a/b your tree last year. That's funny. I actually am ready to decorate too, but I will wait until the day after Thanksgiving or so.
You can tell Brannon that I am so with him on sleeping by the tree. I did it in Tuscaloosa, but I don't think I have since we got married. But I will sleep at least one night on the couch. Jeremy says I am crazy.

Denise said...

I'm a little jealous that you are putting up your tree already.....but I think we will wait until after thanksgiving.....I can't wait for Christmas....should be a little more challenging this year with an into everything toddler.

Rach@In His Hands said...

Hi there...I just LOVE the Christmas season! I haven't gotten out the decorations yet, but will the minute Thanksgiving is over! Can't wait to see pics of the PINK. :)
Your family is beautiful - what a sweet daughter you have!!
Blessings,
Rachel

Reflections...

Reflections...
I wonder what they are deep in thought about!

Sweet Baby

Sweet Baby
Mary Ellen wore this dress for Baby Dedication. She also wore this the day she came home from the hospital.